Recycling, reusing, upcycling, these are all the buzz words in use now and there are some great ideas out there. I’ve been doing a bit of “digging” around and this post is the result: 10 Great Recycling Ideas.
- Use cheap multi coloured hangers to make a cool room divider. Okay, so you may have to buy a few extra but I think the result would be worth it!
- You know all those marbles you find hanging around after the kids have finished playing with them? Why not use them to block the knot holes in your fence? They add privacy and are really pretty when the sun shines on them!
- Clean up that old bicycle and use it to make a sink! If you’ve got the space this would look amazing in a downstairs cloakroom or mudroom.
- Reuse old skateboards to make a cute picnic/craft table for little ones, isn’t this gorgeous?
- Would you believe this light fitting is made out of cheap plastic spoons? Amazing! Find out how on Pinterest…
- Use folding chairs to create a storage area.
- An old Armoire/TV display cabinet with the doors removed becomes a stylish storage unit for the mudroom/utility space.
- Have you ever wondered what happens to old pianos which no longer work? Well here’s an excellent idea for all those pieces which end up on Ebay.
- Another great lighting idea, reuse old wine bottles to make a fantastic chandelier. There are plenty more ideas on Pinterest.
- Pallets are still a universal transport method and it is easy to find old ones for next to nothing or even for free, try spray painting them white to create an outdoor seating area.
Do you have any of your own ideas?