Annabel Karmel’s Sesame Beef Stir-fry
Another winning recipe from the great little recipe book 100 Family meals, by Annabel Karmel. All her recipes are geared towards children so I know they are usually fail safe with my 3 very different eaters, (picky middle child loves stir fries).
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium carrot cut into matchsticks
- 100g (4oz) baby sweetcorn cut into quarters
- 1 courgette (approx 100g/4oz) cut into matchsticks
- 300g (10oz) beef fillet or rump steak , cut into very fine strips
- 1tbsp cornflour
- 150ml (5fl oz) beef stock
- 2tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- Few drops Tabasco sauce
- 1tbsp sesame seeds
- 400g long grain rice (brown if you can get the kids to eat it!)
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok and stir fry the garlic, carrots, sweetcorn and courgette for 3 to 4 mins. Add the beef and continue to stir fry for 4-5 mins.
- Mix the cornflour together with a tablespoon of water and stir into the beef stock. Stir this into the pan together with the sugar, soy sauce, Tabasco and sesame seeds.
- Bring to the simmer, cook until slightly thickened and serve with rice.