There are so many bits and pieces which we throw away on a daily basis and some of them can be put to good use! Take the lowly bread clip, for example, who would have thought that there could be so many alternative uses for a little bit of plastic? Here are my 10 favourites:
1. Decorate plain white clips with ribbon or fabric and use to tie close cellophane wrapping on presents.
2. Label your cables with clips so you never unplug the wrong thing again, genius!
3. Attach a clip to the end of a roll of tape so you can always find it. How many hours have I wasted looking for the end? (Many!)
4. To prevent accidents when knitting, secure the end of your yarn with a clip.
5. I’ve lost count of the number of flip flops I’ve thrown away (and it always seems to be when you are out and about on holiday!) Keep a couple of clips in your purse for instant repairs.
6. Another time waster is untangling ear phones, it takes ages! (Added to the hours spent untangling the kids ones too!) Simply wrap around a clip and secure.
7. For the ambitious among you, why not try making something? This lamp is fantastic!
8. Prettily decorated clips are a neat way to store cotton/yarn.
9. Label your spare keys with a clip.
10. Use clips as a way to easily identify bottles of sauce in the fridge.
And finally….. for the very creative, take a look at this amazing wedding dress, made out of …. bread clips! Fab!
Can you add any of your own ideas for reusing clips?