This is a genius combination of ingredients, the lemon really lifts the flavour of the courgettes, which can taste bland. Courgettes are an excellent source of vitamin C, plus vitamin K and some B vitamins. They are also rich in potassium and manganese making them a nutritional powerhouse! The lemon zest and juice adds to the vitamin C content….
Ingredients: (serves 4 plus extra)
1 red onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
6 medium courgettes, washed and sliced (skin on)
1 litre vegetable sock
zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Heat a little oil in a pan then add the onion and garlic, saute until soft but not brown.
- Add the courgette and continue to saute until soft.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the lemon zest and juice, stir then blend until smooth.
- Serve with a swirl of creme fraiche.
For more Soup recipes click the link under Food above.