A quick post for an easy fish curry that you can have on the table in 15 mins! I have pinched this recipe from a good friend who invited us to dinner then cooked this in front of us, I was amazed by the speed and simplicity with which this gorgeous tasting curry was made, I hope you agree! This recipe will serve 4 (or a family of 5 in my case with 3 kids!)
- 4 tbsps of oil
- 1 onion, 1 garlic clove, 1 inch piece of ginger all chopped
- 1tsp of turmeric, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1tsp chilli powder, 2tsps of garam masala
- 1 pack of fish pie mix (most supermarkets sell these now)
- 1 pack of cooked, peeled prawns
- 1 tin coconut milk
- trimmed green beans or similar green veg, or whatever you have in the fridge!
- basmati rice
- lemon juice to serve
Boil the kettle and put 2 pans on the stove, each with 2 tbsps of oil. To one pan add a large cup of basmati rice and stir to heat gently then add 11/2 cups of water, cover and simmer for 10 mins, or until the rice is cooked.
In the other pan, fry the onion until soft and then add the garlic and ginger and fry for 1 min. Add the turmeric, salt and garam masala, stirring until coloured, then add the fish and coconut milk and simmer for 10 mins. Add the prawns at the end just until heated through, then finish with a good splash of lemon juice.
Serve with chapattis which you can make while the curry/rice are cooking or buy ready made! (you could save even more time by using a jar of Korma sauce, I like Asda’s own)