Ok, so I’m wandering around Asda thinking “what can we have for tea tonight?”, the usual dilemma! Rather than just picking up a few bits and hoping for inspiration at home I headed for the recipe book aisle and spotted “100 Family Meals” by Annabel Karmel. I remember her books from when my 3 were toddlers, but as her kids have grown, so have her cook books!
Having decided on this recipe, I bought the ingredients and actually made it. My oldest commented that she “would have to eat the veg as they were in the recipe”! In fact the whole family enjoyed it, which in my house is a bit of a result, in fact my middle child (veg and fruit phobic) polished off the lot. So, here is the recipe and I hope you have as much success as I did.
2 tbsp light olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 orange pepper, cut into strips
100g broccoli florets
1 medium courgette, sliced (or I used a small pack of green beans)
250g salmon fillets
150g creme fraiche
2 large tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and cut into chunks
salt and pepper
- Cook the fusilli according to directions and drain.
- Heat the olive oil and fry the onion for a few minutes, then add the garlic for a minute, followed by the rest of the veg. Saute for 6-7 mins stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile poach the salmon in the stock either on the stove or 3-4 mins medium power in the microwave, drain and reserve the stock. Flake the salmon.
- Stir the creme fraiche and drained stock into the vegetables and bring to a simmer, add the tomatoes and salmon flakes and simmer for 2 minutes. Finally, stir in the fusilli, add the parmesan and toss in the sauce.
- Season to taste and serve.