Christmas Baskets make a wonderful gift, who could resist a collection of items personally chosen and presented in such a pretty way?
The options for baskets are endless but I have collected together some ideas which I have used over the years plus some options of where to buy to make life easier for you!
Firstly, you need a basket! Car boot sales and charity shops are ideal for these if you are on a budget, otherwise try Inspirations Wholesale for a fantastic selection starting at £1.99 or Ikea Byholma £5.50.
Now you need to decide on a theme for the person you are making the basket for, here are some ideas:
- Gardening- include gloves, seeds, labels, string/twine, hand cream, gardening mug, barometer, garden diary etc. Try the Eden Project for some great ethical ideas.
- Pampering- any spa products such as bath salts/oils, scrub, body cream, candle, bath pillow, hair tie, face mask.
- Old fashioned sweets- depending on the age of the recipient! My choice would be pineapple cubes, mojos, black jacks, strawberry bonbons, cola cubes, cough candy, try “a quarter of “ for great ideas.
- DIY- many options here! Either for a seasoned DIYer or a beginner. Try screwdrivers, gloves, tool belt, glue, hammer, nails, screws.
- Cookery- choose useful kitchen items such as good knives (Ikea 365 range recommended in Good Housekeeping), containers, favourite books, apron, tea towel, herbs/spices.