How to Make a Willow Heart
Create a really simple but beautiful heart wreath out of willow twigs by following these simple instructions.
You will need:
- Wire coat hanger
- Thin wire
- Willow twigs (you can buy them here: willow twigs) or any bendy twigs
- String or raffia
- Start with an old wire coat hanger (charity shops are a good source if they have been banned from your house!) and twist into a heart shape. You might need some pliers to twist the ends together.
- Now take some willow twigs, secure at one end with the thin wire and wrap around the hanger until it is covered, use more thin wire to secure ends.
- Make a hanger out of the string or raffia and attach to centre top of heart.
- You can decorate with smaller hearts (as I have done above) or ribbon.
Of course you could just buy one!
- Willow heart
Please post your own ideas for simple wreaths, I’m a sucker for anything heart shaped!
Facebook recently showcased some great willow weaving ideas from Rural Arts