I love my Delia Smith recipe for Pork Stroganoff with Three Mustards, but when I am short on time or want a vegetarian option, then this is my go to recipe: Mushroom Stroganoff. It is so easy and quick to make plus super tasty.
Ingredients (serves 6):
1 onion, chopped small
1 clove garlic, chopped small
600g mushrooms (whatever variety you fancy), sliced
2 tsps Marigold Bouillon
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp Wholegrain mustard
300ml sour cream
600g rice (basmati, long grain or wild)
- Fry the onion and garlic in a little olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat for roughly 5 minutes until starting to colour.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and continue to fry, turning down the heat after 5 minutes then cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Dissolve the Bouillon powder in a cup of hot water and add the mustards, stir into the mushroom mixture.
- At this point you can leave the mixture until required so this could be made the day before or a few hours in advance for convenience. Reheat before continuing with the recipe.
- Turn down the heat and gently stir in the tub of sour cream.
- Serve with rice.