My mouth is watering just typing out the name of this fabulous summer salad. A truly delicious recipe:
- 24 medium fresh or frozen king prawns
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prawn cocktail sauce (3 parts mayonnaise to 1 part ketchup)
- 1/4 teaspoon lazy garlic
- 1 medium mango, halved, seeded, peeled, and cut up
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 400 g bag of mixed salad
- 1 cup pecan halves and/or chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
1. Thaw prawns, if frozen. Peel and devein if necessary. Place a large resealable plastic bag in a shallow dish. For marinade, combine olive oil, lemon juice, cocktail sauce, and garlic in plastic bag, then add prawns. Seal; turn bag to coat prawns. Marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. For the dressing, blend mango, honey, water, lime juice, vinegar, and poppy seeds. Cover; blend or process until smooth. Divide greens among 4 serving plates. Top with pecans and onion rings.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Transfer prawns and marinade to skillet. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until prawns are opaque. Spoon over greens. Drizzle with dressing.
Serves 4- 518 calories per serving
For more summer salad recipes, take a look at the BHG website