Every now and again I find a recipe which my whole family loves, it’s actually harder than it sounds; pleasing 5 very different tastes! This one from Sainsbury’s definitely fits the bill, everyone raved about it, even picky middle child had seconds and super healthy number 3 child took the leftovers for lunch the next day….result!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 200g quinoa (I cheated with 2 x 250 g ready-made quinoa)
- 2 limes, 1 zested and juiced and 1 juiced
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 250g ready-prepared mango, chopped into smaller pieces
- 198g tin sweetcorn, drained
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 28g fresh coriander, finely chopped (I left this out for picky number 3!)
- 260g salmon fillets
- 1 avocado
- 40g feta, crumbled
- Rinse and cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the packet, then drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the quinoa with the lime zest and juice, 1 tbsp olive oil and seasoning. Add the mango to the quinoa and season.
- Tip the sweetcorn and spring onions into the bowl with the quinoa. Add the chilli and toss it all together with seasoning and the coriander, reserving some to garnish.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan and add the salmon, skin-side down. Season and cook for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through, flipping halfway. (You could also roast the salmon in the oven for 20 mins at 180c, I like to do this skin down on foil which then neatly removes the skin). Cut the avocado into pieces and stir through the quinoa.
- Flake the salmon through the salad with the avocado and garnish with the remaining coriander and crumbled feta.