This is sooo tasty! The perfect in between seasons recipe, really easy to make and delicious.
Ingredients (serves 5)
5 fillets smoked haddock
1 pint milk
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
5 medium potatoes, diced
1 tin sweetcorn
1 tin creamed sweetcorn
salt and pepper
creme fraiche/ lemon juice
- Put the haddock fillets in a pan and cover with the milk, bring to the boil, turn the heat down and simmer for 10 minutes. (You could add a bay leaf for more flavour).
- In a large pan, fry the onion in the oil until soft then add the potato, continue to saute, adding more oil if necessary, until the fish is cooked.
- Add the fish and milk to the onion and potato mix, then pour in the corn and creamed corn. Add 1/2 to 1 pint of water and bring back to the boil, cook until the potato is soft.
- Adjust the seasoning then finish with a couple of dollops of creme fraiche and a good splash of lemon juice.
- Serve with plenty of crusty bread to mop up the gorgeous sauce.