I love the flavours in this winter vegetable soup, it’s nutritious, warming and filling, perfect for a cold winter’s day. The vegetables are oven roasted first which really enhances the taste.
Ingredients: (serves 6)
3 sweet potatoes
2 cloves garlic
2 red chillies (seeds removed)
3 tbsps olive oil
salt and pepper
1 1/2 litres vegetable stock ( Marigold Bouillon is good and vegetarian)
Method: (pre-heat oven to 200c/ 180c fan)
- Peel and roughly chop all the vegetables and lay out on a baking tray in a single layer.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper, toss briefly to mix.
- Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and put into a pan with the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Either place into a food processor or use a hand held blender to blitz the ingredients until smooth.
- Serve with a drizzle of creme fraiche and plenty of crusty french bread.
For more soup recipes, click here.