The Thai flavours in this curry are amazing, if you like Satay dishes then you will love this. It can be hard to find really tasty vegetarian dishes and this definitely fits the bill!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 heaped tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped finely
- 700 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks ( you can add in other veg such as butternut squash or carrot)
- 200 g garden peas
- 4 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 400ml can coconut milk
- Coriander to garnish
- Heat the oil in a good-sized pan with a lid and fry the onion for a few minutes, until softened. Add the sweet potato and peas and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Whilst this is cooking, put 200 ml boiling water in a jug and add the peanut butter, tomato puree, lime, soy sauce, fish sauce and sugar. Stir well to mix.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilli, fry for 1 minute, then add the peanut butter mix. Pour in the coconut milk and stir.
- Put on the lid and cook at a simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly and the vegetables are tender. Season to taste or add more soy or fish sauce to taste. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with my Perfect Rice.