Tuna Pasta Bake
Tuna Pasta Bake is the sort of recipe you can whip up in 30 minutes out of store cupboard ingredients. Fast, tasty and very easy to make! All my kids love this so I can heartily recommend it! Please don’t be put off by the anchovies, they disappear into the sauce and give a lovely flavour.
Ingredients (serves 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 kids) :
Pre heat the oven to 200c
2 tbsps olive oil
1 onion, chopped finely
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 anchovy fillets (in oil)
Good splash of red wine
2 tbsps tomato puree, 1 tbsp worcester sauce, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp sugar/honey
1 large tin chopped tomatoes
1 tin tuna in oil (drained)
400g pasta, penne or conchiglie (shells) work well, cooked until al dente and drained
200g mature cheddar, grated
- Heat the oil and fry the onion until starting to colour, add the garlic and anchovies and fry for a minute or two.
- Add a good splash of red wine and allow the alcohol to boil off, then add the tomato puree, Worcester sauce, soy sauce and sugar. Stir well to combine.
- Pour in the tomatoes and tuna, stir well and add some water if it looks a bit dry, it needs to be quite watery to work with the pasta.
- Put the pasta in a lasagne type dish and pour over the sauce, stir well. Cover with the grated cheese and put in the oven for approximately 10 mins, depending on how well done you like the cheese topping.
- Serve with a green salad or frozen petits pois.
Do you have any tuna bake recipes? It’s always useful to have a few instant meals up your sleeve!