Having a pot of this delicious soup on the stove is so useful; a quick snack, lunch or supper. It can help with weight loss and count towards your “5 a day”. You can put anything you like into this soup but I think the basis should be onions, potatoes and carrots because they taste great!
Ingredients: (Serves 6)
1 large onion
1kg mixed vegetables, including carrots and potatoes (plus for example sweet potato, swede, squash, peppers), peeled and chopped
1 litre stock (I like to use Marigold Bouillon)
Seasoning to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan, then add the onion and cook until softened.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and saute for 10 minutes until starting to caramelise, this is the secret to the great taste of this soup.
- Pour in the vegetable stock, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes or so, until everything is soft.
- Use a hand held blender to blend the soup and season to taste.
- Serve with a swirl of creme fraiche or plain yogurt and some lovely crusty bread.