An all white or neutral room scheme can look really boring. There is only so much interest you can add with textured furniture, rugs, lighting and fabrics. Personally I feel the need for some colour! My favourite way to decorate is to keep the background fairly neutral and then add accents, building up the look until I achieve the right balance. How much you add is up to you!
The following mood board uses a gold base and then adds accent colours in the form of reds, pinks and purples to create a rich, opulent look, perfect for the winter months. The starting point was the gold accent chair from Chairish, a French Antique Napoleon 111 beauty! Chairish is a fantastic online resource for buying and selling your used and vintage furniture, decor, jewellery and fashion accessories. It’s available for items based in the USA.
The products used are as follows:
- Cushion from a selection at Linen Lace and Patchwork
- Ottoman from Chairish $389
- Chesterfield Sofa £2,799
- Chandelier from Chairish $1,782
- Antique Napoleon Chair from Chairish $2,645
- Wallpaper from Graham and Brown Hoppen Stripe on sale! £10 a roll